Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wahh.

You know those times when you start crying for non-obvious reasons and your husband says, "what?" and then you're crying more and can't say anything because you might start gasping if you tried to talk, and your husband is starting to hug you (which makes you cry more), and everyone's confused, even you, and then you try to pin down what's making you so sad and weepy. Luckily this time your husband is genuinely trying to understand when really he's thinking, "what the heck? I guess I'll just hug her?". And still, I haven't pinned it down completely. I could write it off and tell myself it was just a fluke, but people don't just cry for no reason (I'm not pregnant if that was your next question)...I have a few legitimate reasons to cry right now. Who doesn't? Crying is therapeutic for me. I really do feel better now. My process is that I'll feel an emotion strongly but push through it without being very aware and then all of a sudden (a week later, a day later, a month later), it hits me with tears and I realize how sad/stressed/overwhelmed/crazy I feel and then I'm much better for at least being aware of it. That's what has happened to me since middle school. I think I need to meditate more or journal. I think we should all shed tears sometimes. Everyone; dads, husbands, even strong women will do better if they can just cry a little sometimes. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. I start up life again tomorrow. I'm buckling down for the hardest semester of my entire life, but the silver lining is that it's the second to last semester ever. No PHD for me!

Oh ya, we got a ticket today. Actually two. F the police. And I literally almost said that to the cop as he walked away from our car to let us leave. And I regret not saying it.

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo with you girl. Good for Ed for hugging you. Devin acts like an alien walked in the room so take your pick, both will make you cry more lol

    ReplyDelete