Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fess Up to Facebook!

Alright, a little pet peeve has been stirring inside me: What is with the people who say they don't like Facebook, but then they are on it all the time?? Just admit it people, if you are getting on it that much, you obviously don't hate it! I have heard several times, "Oh, I only get on facebook so I can look at pictures" or,"I just get on facebook because my friends would be annoyed if I didn't have one"......what? That is not true! (this is all my opinion by the way). Face it, you like putting up pictures because you like getting comments on how good you look or how awesome your life is. You like updating your status so you can brag about what ever you're doing that day or you want sympathy from someone out there in this world. And finally, half the reason you write on other people's walls is so they will write on your wall in return and so you can avoid having to call or text them! I, Amanda am not afraid to admit that I am a culprit of all of these things. I openly embrace the greatness of facebook and the opportunities that it gives me to freely and secretly stalk people I don't really know, reconnect with friends, and brag about my life. Bahahaha okay now I'm just laughing. Sorry if this sounded a little ridiculous, but am I the only one annoyed by this?? By the way though, I am not like a freakish advocate for facebook, I just want people to be honest with themselves and with others. Like, when did it become not cool to actually like facebook even though we are all on it every single day? Okay, I'll stop. Like it, but don't like it too much....that's what I'm trying to say.
and this is just a really funny picture because there were no good ones of facebook :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that Sandcastles picture. Hans has a copy of it above his desk at work.

    Just found your blog. Will be reading regularly. -- Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda you are so right. People who say they don't like Facebook are lying. Period. And I too like to indulge in all of the above Facebook activities...as you already know I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete