Friday, April 15, 2011

Country, Country, Country, Gwyneth.

It's official! I finally have a favorite actress. If someone asked me who my favorite was, I would usually say Rachel McAdams or Julia Roberts. But I've never really had good reasons except that I think Rachel McAdams is gorgeous and I love Steel Magnolias and Pretty Woman. In fact, most actresses really bug me with their provocativeness and playing the same character in every movie. If you know me, you know that I will automatically hate Scarlett Johanssen and Angelina Jolie in any and every movie (with the exception of Mr. and Mrs. Smith). But seriously Scarlett? Do you only accept roles where you are the slut of the ages and successfully lure every decent man around you? And Angelina, the tough but sexy secret agent who is always under cover. ALWAYS!

Well, Gwyneth is different. She's beautiful and talented. Not to mention she has one of the most amazing men on the planet for a husband. She's classy too. She's been on the top of my list for a while now, but last night I watched the movie "Country Strong" and LOVED IT! Let me preface that for my entire childhood and up until 7th grade I was full-on obsessed with country music. I grew up singing Toby Keith's "I Shoulda Been a Cowboy" with my dad when he would put me to bed and every word of Shania Twain's "Come on Over" album is still etched in my memory. I would sit right in front of my c.d. player with the lyrics in my hand and sing my heart out to every song. Then came Faith Hill, Dixie Chicks, Martina McBride, and my ex-boyfriend, Kenny Chesney. As I got older, even though I was in Georgia, country music for teenagers was definitely NOT cool, so I moved on to other genres.
Sooooo, all that to say, I like country music and if you don't, then maybe this movie isn't for you. Really though, Gwyneth does an amazing job playing her character. I pretty much cried through the entire movie and definitely plan on buying the soundtrack and dvd.

What I'm trying to say is that I love Gwyneth, love "Country Strong", and rekindled my love for country music.
Yee Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment